Human authored Blog

Any use of the contents of this blog is expressly prohibited without author consent

Saturday, October 10, 2026

New Mysteries to Read

 


Found Verity by Colleen Hoover on my library website and started reading it, about a woman asked to finish the books in a series the original author is unable to finish due to her serious illness. The plot sounds familiar but I can't find anywhere that I have read it before. Hmmm. Maybe plots are similar in some books.... I'll continue reading it even though it does sound familiar.



Paris Match isn't available till April 2027, but I have the ARC from NetGalley and as I love Paris, I'll read it now! The description of this mystery has me hooked, especially as the book takes the reader into the arrondissements of Paris.  

Description

Fin Vollmer didn't do it.

A twenty-three-year-old American in Paris, Fin's luck is running out. He's been living off his wits and beauty, but his visa has expired and he can't go home to Ohio, where haunting memories await. He's turned to casual sex work to survive, but when Fin discovers a client murdered in his palatial apartment on Île Saint-Louis, Fin knows what's coming for him and he runs.

Jamie Hayes did.



I'm also reading The Family Friend by Claire Douglas, published in March 2026. A woman, Imogen, is flabbergasted to find out she has inherited a mansion in Bath, England, left to her by a deceased family friend, Dorothea Rowe, whom she last saw sixteen years ago. 

Imogen has to deal with rumors that Dorothea was murdered and tries to find out the truth about her inheritance. Suspenseful, so far, I think as I read along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to have your comments!

New Mysteries to Read

  Found Verity by Colleen Hoover on my library website and started reading it, about a woman asked to finish the books in a series the orig...